}

Sunday, February 14, 2010

i'm sweet on him | personal | roseburg, oregon lifestyle photographer, kellie trenkle

one decade ago today, i gave my best friend a hug. the very first one. ever.

my dad always used to say that my mom chased him until he caught her.

that's what happened with bry and me.
he was soooooo into me.

and then finally i pulled it together.
and realized i was soooo into him right back.

after 9 months of him being just "one of the guys," my sister totally called me out on it.

she told me, "Dude. Kell. We know you are in love with him. Just admit it. You know you do. And it's OKAY. Just love him!"

it was like one of the most major epiphanies of my adult life.

all of a sudden instead of feeling nervous and hesitant and reluctant to embrace a serious relationship, it all made sense to totally plunge head first into the safety and comfort and steadfastness of his love. he was my BEST friend. DUH.

and so... epiphany happened in late January.
and so... the revelation of my feelings for him would go public that Valentines Day.

i slipped a card into his car the night before.
but he didn't know.
we hung out. we were cool.
friends.
ya know.
i went home.
knowing.
the next morning?
everything would suddenly be different.

the card read:
"YOU ARE EVERYTHING THAT I LOVE..."

and BAM!
sparks, fireworks, standing ovation, heavens opened up, stadium lights went on, angels sang HALLELUJAH!

and he one-upped me with a dozen long-stem roses and a card that read:
"DITTO."



Babe,
you are still my man and my best friend.
you are strong and funny.
you are purposeful and driven.
you are tender.
you are faithful and loving.
you never stop trying.
you never stop growing.
you never stop leading.
you never stop praying.
you never stop being.
you are tested and tried.
you are true to the blue.
where i am chaos and crazy,
you are order and logic.
where i am spontaneous and impulsive,
you are practical and steady.
where i am weak,
you are strong.
when i cling to my Lord,
you are there clinging, too.
even as we are two,
we.
are.
one.

i love our story.
so many paragraphs and pages.
a billion different moments.
5 beautiful children, the fruit of our love.
mmmm-mmmm.
you [still] are EVERYTHING that i love.

i sooooo love that you hugged me back.
but somehow... i knew you would.
be mine forever, baby. be mine forever.
xoxo
kell

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, thanks for sharing Kell. I love your words. Nice pic of Brutha B too! We are blessed ladies indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND he's an awesome DJ! You've got a great relationship! I mean, AWESOME relationship.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! i'd love to read your thoughts!