}

Sunday, January 10, 2010

just be mama | personal | oregon lifestyle photographer, kellie trenkle

So, my captivating friends, stay with me. The TrenkleToes got hit with a tummy bug and high fevers. I have not forgotten you. I am just nursing the babes back to health.

I've been purposefully taking things slowly since 12/26. I'm resting when my 4 kiddos do.

It's important TO ME and FOR ME to sloooow down.
And smell the roses, coffee, cucumber melon baby wash, husband's aftershave (mmmm-mmmmm) and the clean-linen fabric softener lately. Do you ever feel like life just whizzes by? Without even asking permission.

There are no do-overs.
And trust me, I've looked far & wide for a clone for my bad self, but they don't sell such unique craziness in stores.

2009 was stellar. Beyond what I even imagined the level of stellar could be! As the year came to a close I made a decision to have a fruitful, restful, purposeful month of January to kick off 2010. I'm taking time this month to refresh. To revise. And get revitalized.

I have a tendency to just go full-boar (full-bore?) on stuff (yes, that dreadful all-or-nothing lie that I believe) and it may not be the right "stuff" for that time. (Like WHY. Seriously, does the garage really need vacuumed with the WetVac? There's crumbs, let's just say, all over my living room carpet, but I was vacuuming the garage floor when I put all my Christmas away in storage... Okay, never mind, I'm losing you.)

So.
Anyway.
It might sound weird when I finally get to the point, but when my oldest boy (my main man, Bryson) came to me Thursday asking for prayer, I felt God say to me, "You just be Mama."

Bryson had a bad headache right smack dab on the top of his head and would I please pray for Jesus to make it better. Sure thing. This weekend he burned soooo hot. We didn't go over 104.2, but he was miserable. So, it was a reminder to me from my Lord to remember the focus He & I talked about for my January.

Refresh, refocus. Regroup, renew. ReFILL.
This was the plan. And I just thought I could share it with you. Like "go public" with my own personal DL (down-low-yo).
That was my point. Bryson got a headache. I got The Reminder.

I'm with ya.
I've still got your [photo-goodness] back.
But life happens. And God is good. He's got my back.
(And my crazy head. And my heart, too.)

I do this captivating thing for Him anyway, so when He says to me "Just be Mama" -- I say, "You da Boss."

So, my captivating peeps, it's a win-win. If He's taking care of me, how much more bettah will I then take care of you. Seriously. So the feverish weekend we had was the perfect physical "HELLO" to just hold these babes close. And closer still.

Stay tuned -- SweetHeart Glam details will arrive on the scene soon!
(Won't be long and you'll be holding your babes close in front of the lens! See now, how it all comes full circle...)

MuuuuAH!

(And P.S. To my dismay, this blog post is typed in Title Case. Only because I typed it from the coziness of my bed from the phone my hubbs gave me for Christmas. And "un-capitalizing" all my letters is too time-consuming. My lowercase habits may bother you, but this Title Case thing is a-buggin' me. It is, however, NOTABIGDEAL, just a little factoid about the person who thinks she needs a clone. Ohhhh...heavenhelpus!)


(And P.P.S. Here is an iPhone pic of our Wii Mii's. These were designed by my oldest 2 children -- we've since added big sis Lauren Ashlee, Uncle Glenn, the grandparents. Random people named Kyha9. The Wii was a huge gift from Mom/Dad Trenkle. Good times.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart Kellie. What a blessing you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I commend you for unplugging! You really did! And for taking time to realize and be with your family. Who would ever think that we'd get to these blink and you miss 'em days?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! i'd love to read your thoughts!